Here is a list (in no particular order) of things I do that I shouldn’t. I know it’s probably things everyone does but these are things that really make me stressed because I know I shouldn’t do them. Yes, I really am that hard on myself.
1. Judge/criticize people. Not to them of course but if my first impression of someone is not good wow does my mind run with negative thoughts.
2. Yell at the kids. I have to admit, I think the only people I yell at are the kids. There have only been a handful of times I’ve yelled at Dean and I’m sure he’d say that it wasn’t yelling. lol However, I simply just yell, a lot, for pretty much anything.
3. Let the kids watch more TV then they should. Yep, the typical baby sitter 🙂
4. Sleep in. I hate that I sleep in. I always do so much better when I’m up before the kids and can get my head on straight for the day before the chaos starts, but the few weeks I just haven’t be able to do it. We’ve had later nights so I end up not able to get up when I should be.
5. speed-as in driving, not the drug 😀
6. Complain. I’m a natural complainer. lol I think this is because I’ve always just said whats on my mind, happy or not, I tell it like it is. And the past few years, well, they’ve sucked. So, if you ask me how I’m doing, be prepared to hear how I’m really doing. Which means I’ll most likely complain to you. heehee
7. Bribe my kids with candy to behave or do their school work when I’m having a bad day, or even on good day. We do not give out kids much for candy or junk food so when I’m desperate, I know that this kind of bribe will get me the temporary behavior I want.
8. Eat too much junk food.
9. Buy fast food. I don’t do this often but when I do I really feel guilty, for two reasons. 1. We really don’t have the money for fast food, and two, I feel like I should treat the whole family, or at least Dean and I if I’m going to spent the “extra” money.
10. over commit
I know there are many more that could be added to this list but I just wrote down the first ten that came to mind. What are somethings you do that you shouldn’t?