Dean asked me to bake something chocolate last night and being the good wife that I am, I said yes. 😀 I found this recipe in my “favorites” cookbook and realized I hadn’t made them in a really long time. So, knowing they were super easy to make I whipped them up in no time.
WOW! Had I forgotten just how good this babies are. Here is the recipe. You really should go make them…right now! Just sayin.’ They are like a rich brownie in cookie form!
Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
2-sticks butter or marg
2 cups sugar
3/4-cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-tsp baking soda
Up to 2 TBSP of water if needed to soften the batter.
1. Soften butter and mix in the sugar. Mix until light and fluffy. This works well if you have a mixer of some kind, I only have a handy-dandy wooden spoon so I don’t mix it that long.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until well blended.
3. Add everything else and stir until well combined again. This batter is tough! Use your mixer if you have one, this will hard your arms to stir with just a wooden spoon. BUT, it is worth it! Oh, and don’t forget to add the water if you need to. I haven’t needed to but I also have Dean stir the batter to get it all mixed in well.
4. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes. It’s hard to tell when these are done so wait until they start to crack, then pull them out.
5. Let them “rest” on the pan for 3 to 5 minutes. They will crumble into a gooey mess if you don’t let them set for those few minutes.
6. Try not to eat them all in one sitting! Trust me, this will be hard to do! lol Enjoy!!