I’m always looking for new meal ideas. When I came across this one I new I was going to love it, even without trying it! Boy was I right. This goes to the top of the supper menu for a while.
What you need:
10 soft shells (we used whole wheat)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (we used Colby Jack because it’s what we had in the house)
3 TBSP butter
3 TBSP flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Role up in tortillas and place in pan. (I waited to put them in the pan until the sauce was don,e and put a very thin layer on sauce in the pan. Keeps tortillas from sticking and burning their bottoms.)
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour. It will clump up right away so be ready with the 2 cups of broth and slowly whist in the broth until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Take of burner and chilies and sour cream. Do this slowly so the sour cream doesn’t curdle.
5. Add just a small amount of sauce to the bottom of the pan then place wrapped tortillas in pan. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 minutes and then broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
Please note that if I share your recipe without giving do credit, I apologize. I often can’t remember where I get my recipes from as I go through so many and have been collecting for many years. I will always credit you if I can. If you ever come across one of your recipes let me know and I’ll make sure to link to your site.