In two days all 8 of our kids will be gone. That’s right, gone, for a full week. What on earth are these parents to do for an entire week? It has been years since Dean and I have had a break from all of the kids at one time, let alone a week.
Dean will still be working during the week so I will have a lot of time on my hands. He was able to get a couple of days off but I will have time to kill on the days he’s working. Here is my exciting plans for the hours I’m home alone.
1. Deep clean the house. I know, totally exciting right? The truth is, I have a hard time doing anything in a messy house. I’ve learned to let it go a little over the years but with the kids gone I know I will enjoy my time more if I know everything is clean. We have a very small house so this will only take a few hours.
2. Bake! I love to bake. I love it even more when I do not have little ones tripping me with ever step in our pint-sized kitchen.
3. Make new meals. And learn how to cook for 2 people, not 10.
4. Read. Oh how I miss reading! I’m always trying to read something but it’s not the same when I ever only get a page or two in and have to stop to tend to someone. I’ve tried waiting until evening but by then I’m so tired I can’t retain anything so I opt out to watching a show before bed instead of curling up with a book.
5. Blog! I wish I could blog more than I do. I’m going to be taking pictures of everything I cook, bake, and organize and blog it. Ohhh, I can’t wait!
6. Re-organize all our school books and get ready for the start of the year. I use the term “start” loosely as we teach through the year, but it’s always fun to go through everything and get a fresh game plan for the next year.
7. Catch up on all the blogs I follow. Normally I only have time to skim blogs and maybe throw out a quick comment here or there.
As for when Dean and I get to have time together…
1. well, you know… 😉 Like you didn’t see that one coming! heehee
2. Go into town and visit shops we’ve always talked about wanting to check out but never have had the time to visit.
3. Enjoy HOT meals! woot woot!
4. Have date night… every night, just cause we can.
5. Go for walks in the evening.
6. ….yeah, you know. Oh please, like you wouldn’t?
We haven’t talked a lot about what we plan to do but that’s ok. We are both natural planners so it’s kinda weird to not have the whole week planned out to a T. Even if non of these things happened I’m just happy we will have time together as husband and wife. Time to be a couple with no interruptions.