With starting a new blog I wanted to give you a little in site into me. Here are 20 things you may or may not know about me….in no particular order.
1. I have been married for almost 12 years.
2. By the time I’m 30 I will have been pregnant 10 times and birthed 9. I had one miscarriage in 2003.
3. No matter how insanely stressed I get, I will always consider my children a blessing, and God willing, we will have many more blessings.
4. I take everything very personally. I hate this about myself. I’ve been hurt many times because I took something the wrong way, or personalized something I read or heard a friend say.
5. We are just finishing up our 5th year of our homeschooling journey. I haven’t always wanted to homeschool. In fact, I often wonder what the heck I’m doing!
6. I have disordered eating. I do not fit into a specific eating disorder but my “drug of choice” is food, or the lack there of. It haunts me day and night. I have struggled with this since I was 14 years old.
7. I have rapid cycling bi-polar and manic depression. That means I can have massive highs and lows hourly, unlike others that cycle every few weeks.
8. I have a black or white personality. I will either do something with all my heart or not at all, there is no middle ground with me.
9. I’m a natural pessimist. It’s very hard for me to see the good in anything. If you tell me something good, I can find a way to turn it negative. I wish more than anything that I was a positive person. My past plays a big part into my negative thinking and I have to work hard to be positive.
10. I am a Christ follower but in a season of questioning… a lot.
11. I love to run! My body does not allow me to run while pregnant which really sucks because I’m pregnant…a lot.
12. I love supernatural, fantasy, Sci-Fi, and zombie movies, tv shows, and books. Lord of the Rings, Firefly, Serenity, The Vampire Diaries, Resident Evil, Zombieland, Twilight, and all things Frank Peretti are just of few I can think of off the top of my head.
13. I wish I could spend hours a day reading. I find that I will have several books going at once and the not finish them because I have started several more.
14. I do not have a favorite color.
15. We have been homeless.
16. Abraham Lincoln saved my great, great, great, great, great….grandfather from a murder charge.
17. I am a baker. Nothing fancy, but I greatly enjoy baking and it makes me happy to see people enjoy what I make.
18. I love with all my heart and cherish my friendships with more passion them most understand. If I tell you I’m here for you, I mean it, night or day. I will walk through fire if it will help you. However, you lose my trust you will most likely never get it back.
19. What you see/read is what you get. I do not sugar coat anything.
20. I never thought I’d ever want to live in the country, now I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
Now it’s your turn to share! What are a couple things that I do not know about you?